Richard Malinsky is a lyrical abstract painter whose work is recognized regionally, nationally and internationally. His work has garnered awards from adjudicated museum exhibitions and art associations and is represented in numerous public and private collections. He is Arts Editor for the Woven Tale Press.
Major Architectural Work
- Assistant to Austin Purves on the mosaic murals for the National Catholic Shrine,
- Designed stained, faceted, and laminated glass windows for the Internationally acclaimed
Willet Studios in Philadelphia, PA
- Allentown Art Museum, Allentown, PA Pennsylvania Craftsmen
- Allentown Art Museum, Allentown, PA 6 Pennsylvania Photographers
- 10 solo, and numerous group painting exhibitions at prominent galleries throughout the
U.S. and Europe
- Consistently represented in local, regional and national adjudicated exhibitions
- Received Special Distinction Award at MIAB- Portugal International Biennale, 2016
see www.malinskyexpressionism.com for recent exhibition list
He is represented in the permanent collections of The Philadelphia Museum of Art, Philadelphia, PA; The New Britain Museum of American Art, New Britain, CT; RCA Corporate Art Collection, New York, NY; University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT; Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA; Ursinus College, Collegeville, PA; International Zarco Academy of Art, Madeira, Portugal, and numerous private collections throughout the United States and Europe.
Richard has a BFA in painting from a five-year program at the Hartford Art School where he received the Walker Art Award for excellence in painting. Following graduation, he was awarded a one year post graduate scolarship at the Pennsylvania Academy of Fine Arts, Philadelphia, PA. and began his career in Philadelphia.